Creativity does not have to be compartmentalized to one time period or portion of your life. When you intentionally incorporate creativity into your life, you invite rich experiences that can inform and enhance your creative practice. Below are eight ways that you can incorporate creativity
1. Believe and accept that you are creative. Write affirmations that you can see every day that helps to support this belief.
2. ‘Think outside the box’ for solutions for problems.
3. Make a list of 3 new activities you would like to try in the next few months and set a deadline to complete them.
4. Create Play Time Zones or Artist’s Dates for Yourself in Your Daily or Weekly Schedule
5. Schedule and Meet a Friend for a Play Date that might include a creative activity you both have been meaning to try.
6. Spend time in Nature
7. Remember Self-Care is important: Exercise, meditating as well as other more mindful activities can bring creative ideas and inspiration.
8. Change up your work space or home environment…experiment and add different colors, textures, artwork, artifacts, accent pieces or scents to your space.
What other ways have you incorporated creativity into your life? What can you add to this list? Feel free to share in the comments below!